[Plone-testing-team] Updated jenkins-job-builder

Gil Forcada gil.forcada at freitag.de
Fri Nov 20 11:51:50 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I just pushed a commit on jenkins.plone.org repository that updates
our custom jenkins-job-builder fork to the upstream's latest commit.

The upside is that to run jenkins-job-builder on our jobs.yml we only
need one single patch (out of 11 we were currently using).

The other 10 patches are either already part of jjb or are not needed
anymore... I left them on a branch to see if they are worth keeping or
can be removed all together. See them in this branch:

https://github.com/gforcada/jenkins-job-builder/commits/all-patches

The commit message on each of them is already giving a quick feedback
about the usefulness of them...

I reported some months ago about how to work on jjb without having to
fork it and seems that is possible, and there is an example on doing so:

https://github.com/thomasvandoren/jenkins-job-builder-naginator

I will try to send upstream the only patch we currently need.

Mostly all of the above is informative so that if anyone was also
using jjb to know that I've done some changes on the jenkins.plone.org
and our fork of it.

The previous version of our jjb fork is still reachable via the
old-master branch on my fork:
https://github.com/gforcada/jenkins-job-builder/commits/old-master

One of the motivations to upgrade was to be able to use the
!include-raw-escape directives, so we can remove all the code inside
our yaml config files and keep them as files, easier to maintain and
work with.

Next will be finishing the github integration on our pull request jobs:
https://github.com/plone/jenkins.plone.org/pull/131

Constructive feedback and help as usual is appreciated!

Happy testing,
Gil

den Freitag gibt es ab sofort auch digital! Jetzt stöbern auf: https://digital.freitag.de

Diese Nachricht (inklusive aller Anhänge) ist vertraulich. Sie darf ausschließlich durch den vorgesehenen Empfänger und Adressaten gelesen, kopiert oder genutzt werden. Sollten Sie diese Nachricht versehentlich erhalten haben, bitten wir, den Absender (durch Antwort-E-Mail) hiervon unverzüglich zu informieren und die Nachricht zu löschen. Jede unerlaubte Nutzung oder Weitergabe des Inhalts dieser Nachricht, sei es vollständig oder teilweise, ist unzulässig.

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error please contact the sender (by return E-Mail) immediately and delete this message. Any unauthorised use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.