[Plone-testing-team] Moving to Robot Framework 2.9

Asko Soukka asko.soukka at iki.fi
Sat Jul 25 05:53:52 UTC 2015

Ed Manlove wrote:
> It looks like RobotNotRunnigError was introduced within
> robotframework==2.8.5 which was mid-2014. Looks like a recent change [1]
> introduced this dependency. I'll report this and see if we can find an
> alternative solution that doesn't force an upgrade to robotframework=>2.85.

Thanks. The issue is that Plone community cannot use robotframework
versions between 2.8.5 and 2.9, because 2.8.5 introduced its own
DateTime into Python sys.path in a way that broke Zope DateTime used by
Plone. We only noticed that after 2.8.5 was released and at that point
robotframework team could only promise to fix it into 2.9, which they did.

Best Regards,
Asko