[Plone-testing-team] Moving to Robot Framework 2.9

Asko Soukka asko.soukka at iki.fi
Thu Jul 23 13:26:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

since robotframework 2.9.5 introduced its on DateTime library, we have
been forced to stay on 2.9.4, because of our conflicting Zope DateTime
library. This was promised to be fixed in RF 2.9 series.

Unfortunately, the latest Selenium seem to work only with the latest
Selenium2Library, which again only works with the latest RobotFramework
2.9rc1.

Either we need to participate more into Selenium2Library development to
fix its backwards compatibility or go forward to RF 2.9.

I just released robotsuite 1.7.0, which should be compatible with both
Robot Framework 2.9rc1 and 2.8.4 (not seen issues yet).

Once I get my own test suites passing, I update p.a.rf/versions.cfg with

robotsuite = 1.7.0
robotframework = 2.9rc1
robotframework-selenium2library = 1.7.2
selenium = 2.46.1