[Plone-testing-team] Plone 5 related testing/ci tasks

Asko Soukka asko.soukka at iki.fi
Wed Feb 26 09:17:34 UTC 2014

Hi Timo,

Timo Stollenwerk wrote:
> 1) Run the buildout.coredev 5.0 tests against Saucelabs.
>
> Eric will ask Saucelabs for more slots.
>
> @Asko: would you be willing to help with that? I'd be more than happy to
> work on that. Though, you have far more experience with Saucelabs.

There's already a lot of examples at Jenkins, but sure I can help.

The hard part is that the SauceLabs-plugin for Jenkins has not been good
enough (I still cannot see support for configuring multiple simultanous
tunnels with "tunnel identifiers) and the whole setup / teardown must be
done in test script.

With Matrix build there are a couple of extra problems:

- filesystem paths for jobs may be such that not everything works (I saw
mockup bootstrap failing when there was spaces in path)
- conditions for different browser-version-combinations get complex very
soon

See:
http://jenkins.plone.org/view/Sauce%20Labs/job/plone-4.3-python-2.7-robot-all/

> 2) Go through plone.themepreview and add missing views.

There's a small issue that Plone 5 may work differently from Plone 4 and
it would be nice to keep plone.themepreview to remain usable also with
Plone 4.

Yet, there's already variable ${CMFPLONE_VERSION} in the latest
p.a.robotframework which can be used for adding conditional keywords.
Also, Timo started work for adding common keywords into
p.a.robotframework with automatically separated implementations for
Plone 4 and Plone 5.

I cannot promise to work with this too soon, but just ping me and I'll help-

-Asko