[Plone-testing-team] CSSLint options.

Ramiro B. da Luz ramiroluz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 22:01:27 UTC 2013

I agree.

The problem I was trying to solve is that:

We created a function to show only errors on the output.
But when output is an xml for jenkins, it do not work well.

Look at lines 21 and 61:
https://github.com/plone/plone.recipe.codeanalysis/blob/f19f0cfc5dfc50810375450530b04da0898c9920/plone/recipe/codeanalysis/csslint.py#L21

In my opinion, we should not use that function, let the user configure it
as his wish.

But the tests will depend on the configuration to work. The
configuration could affect the
test from line 67 to 88:
https://github.com/plone/plone.recipe.codeanalysis/blob/8bd130f2c1603a64de7e866b323ca4f8f3e66a11/plone/recipe/codeanalysis/tests/test_csslint.py

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Héctor Velarde
<hector.velarde at gmail.com> wrote:
> I prefer let people changing their own options by using .csslintrc file...
>
> Héctor Velarde
>

> On 23-10-2013 16:41, Ramiro B. da Luz wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I don't know which is the best way to discuss this, direct email or on
>> the Testing Team list.
>>
>> I made some changes in csslint[1], after that I read the docs and
>> figured out that
>> the options I introduced in the code should be configured in .csslintrc
>>
>> At least on of the options could be useful for us. We were filtering
>> errors with a function,
>> but it was not good for xml output. The option is --errors=important
>>
>> What you prefer best? Revert to the previous version with that
>> function or I can leave
>> this option hard coded?
>>
>> [1] -
>> https://github.com/plone/plone.recipe.codeanalysis/commit/8bd130f2c1603a64de7e866b323ca4f8f3e66a11
>>
>> Regards.

-- Ramiro Batista da Luz
-- ramiroluz at gmail.com
-- (41) 9173-2231
-- http://www.ramiroluz.eti.br
-- Programador || Câmara Municipal de Curitiba