[Plone-testing-team] Huxley - UI Testing tool using selenium

Ed Manlove devPyPlTw at verizon.net
Sun Sep 1 03:25:48 UTC 2013

> sounds interesting; any screencast available?
>
> Héctor Velarde

Héctor,

I'm not aware of any screencast but I am cc'ing Pete the developer who might be aware of one. My first impression was although Huxley uses the same underlying technology, it's workflow of a user first manually clicking through pages to create the test was counter to our "scripting" of tests. I did see Huxley's image comparison as a possible tool for RTL testing where I was conceiving a simpler but more human involved test of displaying before and after screenshots for review.

On further reflection, I recall discussions with both Chris Calloway and Ian Anderson on Plone UI testing using Selenium/Robot Framework at Plone Symposium East. Chris asked a question about the state of Selenium RC (see [1]) for which I could see someone saying Huxley is an RC equivalent for Selenium2/WebDriver. Ian and I discussed the issue of end users within their organization reporting issues that tech support couldn't reproduce. He also asked for a recorder that they could play back to verify issues. At the time I thought our WebDriver/Robot Framework toolset didn't match this requirement but now maybe Huxley might be a solution for him and Andy. So I am opening my mind to the possibilities with Huxley and Plone.

Ed

[1] http://weblion.psu.edu/symposium/talks/ui-testing-with-selenium-and-robot-framework