[Plone-testing-team] PEP 8 modernisation

Timo Stollenwerk tisto at plone.org
Wed Aug 7 07:17:11 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Héctor Velarde <hector.velarde at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 05/08/13 14:15, Gil Forcada wrote:
>
>> IMHO polls for this kind of things are time sinks that never end
>> (bikeshedding http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**Bikeshedding<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikeshedding>
>> ).
>>
>> If Plone wants to make it easier to general python programmers, the less
>> plone-only rules we have the easier.
>>

> I think the fact that this was reviewed means there's no clear consensus
> on it; on the other side, a poll doesn't has to be time consuming, neither
> a never ending issue: we discuss it, a decision is made, and that's it.

I don't think a poll will really solve the problem. The discussion on the
dev list already showed that it's hard to reach a consensus. A poll will
just reflect that. Even if we have a 40/60 preference (or something
similar) this doesn't mean we have a decision.

Personally I don't want to waste too much energy and time on that issue
now. At least not with polls or mailing list discussions. Let's just have a
beer at ploneconf and see if we can solve the issue that way. :)

Cheers,
Timo