[Plone-testing-team] On plone.recipe.codeanalysis

Gil Forcada gil.forcada at freitag.de
Fri Jul 19 15:46:16 UTC 2013

Hi!

El Jul 19, 2013, a les 5:29 PM, Héctor Velarde va escriure:

> On 19/07/13 12:09, Gil Forcada wrote:
>> Namely the checks I currently do are:
>> - flake8 / pep8 / pyflakes
>> - zptlint
>> - trailing spaces on files (any kind of file, not just code)
>> - tabs on files (remove them everywhere!, again not just code)
>> - utf-8 header on python files
>> - keep imports as per plone.api style guide (one per line, not grouped)
>> - use only single quotes (that's a completely personal taste, just for
>> consistency)
>> - use new style string formatting ({0} instead of %s as per plone.api
>> style guide)
>>
>> So, the question is: which of the above would be merged if a pull
>> request is made?
>
> HV> IMO all of them, except for the latest 3; zptlint will need to be enhanced.

Out of the three last ones, two of them come from plone.api style guide which the FWT decided to be "the Plone style guide", so I would guess that we want to enforce that coding style, aren't we?

As for the zptlint, care to elaborate which kind of enhancements?

>> Any other code checker in mind (apart from CSS and JS) you have in mind
>> for the future? I will try to create them..
>
> HV> I have mentioned more on previous emails.

I only saw the deprecated testing methods which we could generalize as a deprecated methods checker?

> thanks! :-)

Thanks for the promptly response!

DER FREITAG Mediengesellschaft mbH & Co. KG

Gil Forcada
Webentwickler - Freitag Online

Hegelplatz 1
D-10117 Berlin