[Plone-testing-team] On plone.recipe.codeanalysis

Gil Forcada gil.forcada at freitag.de
Fri Jul 19 15:09:15 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm creating a few branches[1] (a few more to come) for code analysis checks that we use here at der Freitag.

I just proposed the non-controversial ones for merging as I'm not sure what we want to check or not.

Namely the checks I currently do are:
- flake8 / pep8 / pyflakes
- zptlint
- trailing spaces on files (any kind of file, not just code)
- tabs on files (remove them everywhere!, again not just code)
- utf-8 header on python files
- keep imports as per plone.api style guide (one per line, not grouped)
- use only single quotes (that's a completely personal taste, just for consistency)
- use new style string formatting ({0} instead of %s as per plone.api style guide)

So, the question is: which of the above would be merged if a pull request is made?

Any other code checker in mind (apart from CSS and JS) you have in mind for the future? I will try to create them..

Have a nice weekend,
Gil

[1] https://github.com/gforcada/plone.recipe.codeanalysis

DER FREITAG Mediengesellschaft mbH & Co. KG

Gil Forcada
Webentwickler - Freitag Online

Hegelplatz 1
D-10117 Berlin