[Plone-testing-team] JavaScript testing and integration

Gil Forcada gil.forcada at freitag.de
Fri Jul 12 11:33:35 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm Gil Forcada, working at der Freitag (currently hiring btw. ;)

After talking a bit with Timo about this email subject (JS testing) he asked me to join this mailing list to share knowledge and experience with it.

Actually I don't have experience on it, apart from Robot Framework, but that's mostly a side effect of testing JavaScript.

So I'm about to invest some time looking for how to make and integrate in plone.app.testing a JavaScript tests runner.

What's the status quo right now? Any prior art on that? Rok is using Buster.JS right?

I also saw some JavaScript tests on p.a.discussion with Qunit (from JQuery people).

Is there any discussion that I missed about it? Or [1] is the only discussion about it?

Sorry for spamming with all this questions. Just wanted to get a feeling of the status of JavaScript testing.

Have a nice weekend!

Cheers,
Gil

[1] https://github.com/plone/jenkins.plone.org/issues/38

DER FREITAG Mediengesellschaft mbH & Co. KG

Gil Forcada
Website-Entwickler - Freitag Online

Hegelplatz 1
D-10117 Berlin