[Plone-testing-team] Robot test issues with buildout-coredev

Asko Soukka asko.soukka at iki.fi
Sun May 5 16:24:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

Timo has reported me about issues with running robot tests on
jenkins.plone.org.

I never got far enough to dig into those, because I had problems already
with buildout-coredev. Today I had some time to dig into the latter:

1. With clean buildout-coredev checkout all robot tests get stuck
because ZServer fails to start.

2. Once I remove "--test-path"-line for "Products.Marshall" from
bin/test, all robot tests start correctly, BUT afterwards "Tear down
plone.app.testing.layers.PloneFixture" gets stuck with exception:

File "/.../plone.testing-4.0.8-py2.7.egg/plone/testing/zca.py", line
126, in popGlobalRegistry
     previous = current.__bases__[0]
IndexError: tuple index out of range

3. Once I remove "--test-path"-lines for "wicked" (two of them!) from
bin/test, also tear down passes, BUT test were not isolated (test site
was cleaned between test cases).

At this point, I removed all extra "--test-path"-lines from bin/test.
Then all robot test for CMFPlone run correctly with only one test
failing (probably a real issue with something being changed in new
member registration form and test not updated).

Are these real issues and how these should be handled? (The issue being
that zope.testrunner must import all test_-modules it finds to figure
out the available tests and many packages seem to do arbitrary things
when their test_-modules are imported.)

Cheers,
Asko