[Setup] Upgrading from plone 3.2.1 to Plone 4x

João Lopes jvianalopes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 21:41:43 UTC 2020

Dear Plone community,

I am not a "permanent" Plone developer but I made a website in 2009 in plone
3.2.1 writing three products following the instructions of the Martin Aspeli
book "Plone Professional Develpment".

Now, 10 years after I need to upgrade the website to a newer Plone version
due the security problems (The university web team shutdown the website).
I bought the newer version of the book, and prepare myself to upgrade the
products in order to upgrade the plone.
But until now I had no success...
Old versions of Python, zopeskel, dependencies that are not fullfilled ....
One thousand of problems that so far I could not solve.
Can I upgrade my site/Products  directly from plone 3.2.1 to plone 4.3 ? Or
do I need to go to 4.0?
There are a simple way of reproducing today an environment from ten years
ago?

Thanks in advance
Joao

--