[Setup] Question about https://docs.plone.org/manage/installing/requirements.html

Vijay Sankar vsankar2005 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 14:38:09 UTC 2018

With Plone 5.x the documentation states:

Optional libraries
If Plone can find utilities that convert various document formats to text,
it will include them in the site index. To get PDFs and common office
automation formats indexed, add:
poppler-utils (PDFs)
wv (office docs)
These may be added after initial installation.

If I create a new Plone site after installing the optional libraries, PDF
search works. However, I am not sure how to enable PDF search on a Plone
site that was populated with content before poppler was installed. With
Plone 3, I recall that a content reindex after installing poppler-utiles
and wv allowed me to search to PDFs etc. How can I do this on Plone 5.x.
Please let me know.

Thanks very much,

Vijay

--