[Setup] Error connecting Plone 4.1.6 to PostgreSQL 9.0 on CentOS

Luca Gentili luka.gentili at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 08:15:42 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I have already - erroneously - posted this message on the "user's" list, so
please forgive me if you received it twice.

I am trying to replicate a production environment on a test machine. In
production we have RedHat, I am working on CentOS 6.6.

The project was deployed a couple years ago and is running Plone 4.1.6 and
PostgreSQL 9.0.

On my test-machine I have both postgres 8.4 and 9.0, though only the latter
is actually running.

Ciao a tutti,

sto lavorando su macchina CentOS 6.6 con Plone 4.1.6.

Sulla macchina ho installato postgres nelle versioni 8.4 e 9.0. Il mio
database è sulla 9.0.

The Plone buildout has severa .cfg nested files and installs a zeo-server
instance, 3 client instances and a couple more (debug and admin) the latter
are not automatically run via supervord.

Whe I run the zeo-server and instance-1 (in fg mode) I get the following
trace:
raise exc.NoSuchTableError(table.name)
zope.configuration.config.ConfigurationExecutionError: <class
'sqlalchemy.exc.NoSuchTableError'>: my_table
  in:
  File "/home/zope/.../configure.zcml", line 170.2-172.34
    <utility provides="collective.lead.interfaces.IDatabase"
             factory=".database.my_factory"
             name="my_product" />

​If I am not mistaken, it means that somehow my factory can't find the
(actually existing) my_table in the db. In instance-1's zope.conf i have
the following:

<product-config mio_prodotto_db>
drivername postgres
username zope
password xxxx
host 127.0.0.1
port 5432
database my_database
</product-config>

My local PostgreSQL installation was made via yum install instead of via
the production env buildout. Later I installed also psycopg2 which was
insluded in PG's production's env buildout. My pg_hba.conf is configured as
follows:

local   all             all                                     trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all             all             ::1/128                 trust
host all zope 0.0.0.0/0 md5

and if issue a netstat command I get:
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address               Foreign Address
State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:5432              0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      7779/postmaster

Which means that the DB is listening on the expected (default) port.

I am not a PG expert (it0s actually the very first time I use it so I don't
know whether I have to change some Zope/Plone configuration or some
PostgreSQL/psycopg2 ones.

TIA for helping,

Luca

--

*Luca Gentili*about.me <http://about.me/lucagent>

*Pensa all'ambiente prima di stampare.* |* Consider the environment before
printing. *| *Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.* | *Considere el
medio ambiente antes de imprimir.  *