[Setup] cut or copy and paste "large" plone site?

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Tue Dec 15 19:19:22 UTC 2015

You should find an event.log file in your client directories. Sometimes put
in a separate log directory.

You may wish to start a client in foreground mode and directly address it
while doing this kind of experimenting.

Watching the log or foreground console will give you a pretty good idea of
whether or not the clear/rebuild is reindexing. If your site is not just
large in bulk, but has a lot of content objects, you'll need to enable
subtransactions.

Other strategies:

* Set up a mirror of the old site (using backup data) and simply delete
everything but the target site. If you want to combine it others at the end
of the update process, you may use mount points.

* Use Zope's export/import facility, restoring to a mirror of the old setup
(same versions/add-ons). If you restore to a different folder, be ready to
rebuild the catalog.