[Setup] migrate plone 4.3.1 to other server

Paul Roeland paul at cleanclothes.org
Mon Sep 22 11:33:20 UTC 2014

Hi Paulo,

the principle is described here:
http://docs.plone.org/manage/deploying/copy.html, especially
http://docs.plone.org/manage/deploying/copy.html#id3

so, create a new Plone site (probably using the Universal Installer for
Windows)
copy over buildout.cfg, src, and the storage of your instance. (data.fs
and blobstorage)

Just the tools used there are for linux/mac. You will have to use
windows tools to do the actual copying of \var\filestorage\Data.fs
\var\blobstorage from your current server to your new server.

I think robocopy can do this, which is built-in. There's also
Microsoft's Synctoy,
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15155 or
acrosync http://acrosync.com/windows.html

then, re-run buildout. Oh, and if your new plone-site runs under a
different username than your own, make sure to change ownership on the
new site to cover the copied files.

Hope that helps

Paul Roeland