[Setup] Trouble installing 4.3.3 on Linux Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS and Debian

Bas Toorenburg toorenburgbas at gmail.com
Sat May 24 17:33:33 UTC 2014

I would like to upgrade my current Plone instance to 4.3.3 but I am getting
errors.

Error messages when installing Plone 4.3.3 on Linux.
Expected to find uid for plone_daemon and gid for plone_group but did not.
Both plone users (plone_daemon and plone_buildout) exist in the system and
are part of the group plone_group.

I am using Plone from version 2.5. At the samen server is already a Plone
4.3.1 zeocluster running.

Thanks Bas

btoorenburg at wakandaubuntuserver:~/Plone-4.3.3-UnifiedInstaller$ sudo
./install.sh zeo

Testing /usr/bin/python2.7 for Zope/Plone requirements....
/usr/bin/python2.7 looks OK. We'll try to use it.

Root install method chosen. Will install for use by users:
  ZEO & Client Daemons:      plone_daemon
  Code Resources & buildout: plone_buildout

Detailed installation log being written to
/home/btoorenburg/Plone-4.3.3-UnifiedInstaller/install.log
Installing Plone 4.3.3 at /usr/local/Plone

Using useradd and groupadd to create users and groups.
'plone_group' already exists; no need to create it.
User 'plone_daemon' already exists. No need to create it.
Adding user plone_daemon to group plone_group.
id for plone_daemon returned
UID=1001(plone_daemon) GID=1001(plone_group) groepen=1001(plone_group)
Expected to find uid for plone_daemon and gid for plone_group but did not.
Please use your system tools to create/edit users and groups, then try
again.
btoorenburg at wakandaubuntuserver:~/Plone-4.3.3-UnifiedInstaller$