[Setup] This should be an easy one (but not for me)!

wiedhas72 nickghall at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 21:25:22 UTC 2014

Jblaney: thanks for the link.  I have read and reread that example many
times.  I just went into the ZMI and selected VHM from the dropdown list.
There was nothing to fill out formwise and hopefully it is in the root
directory as it should be.  I initially installed Plone in the home
directory, but moved it to /var/www/Plone later and reran buildout
successfully.  Hopefully that has nothing to do with my problems.

Here's the output of sudo apachectl -S :

VirtualHost configuration:
10.0.1.4:*             is a NameVirtualHost
         default server Hal-9000.local
(/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/test.conf:4)
         port * namevhost Hal-9000.local
(/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/test.conf:4)
wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
*:*                    localhost (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/test.conf:31)
Syntax OK

I am running apache on the same linux box as Plone for now so several of us
can work on the site remotely.  It will eventually move to the servers that
host our site...