[Setup] Importing a tarball with quintagroup.transmogrifier does nothing

James Andrewartha jandrewartha at ccgs.wa.edu.au
Sat Apr 5 03:04:19 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a Plone 3.2 site I'm trying to upgrade to 4.3.2 using transmogrifier. I've managed to export a directory data OK from the old site, but when I upload the tarball to the new site nothing gets imported. I stuck in some print debugging in importSiteStructure in quintagroup/transmogrifier/exportimport.py and it appears when in portal_setup I use "Import uploaded tarball" something about the Products.GenericSetup.context.TarballImportContext is missing the profile_path and so the "if context.readDataFile('quintagroup.transmogrifier-import.txt') is None:" check fails.

There was an old reference at http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Transmogrifier-import-not-doing-anything-td4641046.html to https://web.archive.org/web/20100417103920/http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.transmogrifier#Contentexport which suggests you have to untar the file, add a quintagroup.transmogrifier-import.txt file and then import it, but none of the other guides* seem to mention this step. I guess I could try altering the reader pipeline to use the directory context and have it read from a directory on the filesystem, but I'm still bemused as to how the tarball import is supposed to work.

I did try selecting the quintagroup.transmogrifier profile in the dropdown at the top of portal_setup/Import but that didn't help at all. Does anyone have an idea of how to get the import to work?

Thanks,

* http://projects.quintagroup.com/products/wiki/quintagroup.transmogrifier/plone3-4 https://developer.plone.org/content/importexport.html (also they should be updated to note sitewalker can take start-path now rather than dealing with catalogsource)

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer