[Setup] Overriding pinned egg version

cyruspy cyruspy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 13:22:05 UTC 2013

Hi!, answering inline:

2013/9/27 Maurits van Rees-3 [via Plone]
<ml-node+s293351n7568029h32 at n2.nabble.com>:
> Op 26-09-13 12:29, Ciro Iriarte schreef:
>
>> Hi!, per your suggestion I created versions-local.cfg with this content:
>>
>> --
>> [versions]
>> distribute = 0.6.49
>> --
>>
>> Modified buildout.cfg as:
>>
>> --
>> extends =
>>      base.cfg
>>      versions.cfg
>>      versions-local.cfg
>> --
>>
>> But buildout complains with the same error:
>>
>> --
>> plone_buildout at intranet:~/zeocluster> bin/buildout
>> While:
>>    Installing.
>> Error: There is a version conflict..
>> We already have: distribute 0.6.28
>> --
>
> It should work, but distribute, setuptools and zc.buildout versions can
> cause problems like this.
>
> You may have a buildout setting that prevents you from checking for
> newer versions.  Try 'bin/buildout -n' to see if that helps.  It
> probably does not help, but it is fast to try.

It doesn't make any difference.

> Otherwise, run 'python bootstrap.py' again (with the proper python
> version for your buildout, so 2.6 or 2.7 in the case of Plone 4.3).

This is what I've done:

plone_buildout at intranet:~/zeocluster> pwd
/opt/Plone/zeocluster
plone_buildout at intranet:~/zeocluster> /opt/Plone/Python-2.7/bin/python
bootstrap.py
Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.7/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg
Generated script '/opt/Plone/zeocluster/bin/buildout'.

And now buildout could integrate collective.xmpp.chat!!, the weird
thing is that distribute 0.6.34 was installed in the process, not the
old 0.6.28, nor the 0.6.49 I specified.

> If the bootstrap gives problems, try it with a fresh bootstrap for
> zv.buildout 1.x:
> http://downloads.buildout.org/1/bootstrap.py
>
> BTW, it seems very strange to me that an add-on (collective.xmpp.chat)
> requires a newer version of distribute, as you say.  I would not expect
> that.

Maybe you can test it, not sure if the egg packager is the one that
must fix that or I'm doing something wrong...

> I hope this helps,
>
> --
> Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
> Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl