[Setup] New style collections missing after upgrade from Plone 4.1.6 to 4.2.5

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Jun 26 15:16:32 UTC 2013

Op 25-06-13 09:55, Jochen Dekeyser schreef:
> Hi,
>
> Some time ago, I upgraded some Plone sites from Plone 4.1.6 to 4.2.5. Now, I
> see that the new style collections are missing on those sites. In
> portal_types, I see:
> * "Topic (Collection)" (remark, this is not "Topic (Collection
> (old-style))")
> * no "Collection (Collection)"
>
> If I make a new site in the same 4.2.5-buildout, everything looks normal: in
> portal_types, I see:
> * "Topic (Collection (old-style))"
> * "Collection (Collection)"
>
> I suppose this isn't good, is it? When I upgraded, I didn't notice any
> problems.  Can somebody give me a clue to fix this?

It may be that this is not handled by default during the migration, for
safety, and that you need to do this manually.

Is plone.app.collection available for install in the Add-ons control
panel in the Site Setup?  In that case, just install it.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl