[Setup] Kupu not removed properly in migration from 3.3.5 to 4.3 - how to manually remove Kupu

JimL jim.leek at eng.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 11 08:55:36 UTC 2013

Hi, I have an existing site which is Plone 3.3.5 which I am migrating to
Plone 4.3.

However, whilst the migration completes successfully, there are still
references to the Kupu editor in the Plone 4.3 site.

For example in "Site setup" there is an entry for " Visual editor" which
links to "http://website/kupu_library_tool/kupu_config" but which does not
work.

This also seems to be causing "Site setup > HTML Filtering" to crash with
the following code;

Traceback (innermost last):
    Module zope.formlib.form, line 795, in __call__
    Module five.formlib.formbase, line 50, in update
    Module zope.formlib.form, line 776, in update
    Module zope.formlib.form, line 620, in success
    Module plone.app.controlpanel.form, line 38, in handle_edit_action
    Module zope.formlib.form, line 543, in applyChanges
    Module zope.formlib.form, line 538, in applyData
    Module zope.schema._bootstrapfields, line 227, in set
    Module plone.app.controlpanel.filter, line 254, in set
AttributeError: set_stripped_combinations

Here is my 3.3.5 setup:
    Plone 3.3.5
    CMF 2.1.2
    Zope (unreleased version, python 2.4.5, linux2)
    Python 2.4.5 (#1, Mar 11 2009, 15:18:10) [GCC 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat
4.1.2-42)]
    PIL 1.1.6

Here is my 4.3 Setup:
    Plone 4.3 (4305)
    CMF 2.2.7
    Zope 2.13.19
    Python 2.7.3 (default, Apr 25 2013, 11:58:08) [GCC 4.4.7 20120313 (Red
Hat 4.4.7-3)]
    PIL 1.7.8 (Pillow)

Here is the result of my database migration:

http://paste2.org/Ozd9JCpM

Is this a bug, or some peculiarity with my setup (quite possible)?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to manually remove Kupu?

Cheers,  Jim