[Setup] Plone 4.3 installation error on Ubuntu server, permission denied

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Fri Jun 7 01:26:05 UTC 2013

The 4.3 installer has a bug when doing a sudo install from a private
directory. The problem is that it drops privileges and then can no longer
read the installer files it needs. This is fixed for the next release.
Until then, unpack the installer to a world-readable directory, then run
the installer.

And, don't use sudo for installs unless it's for production. It's not
needed or desirable for development/evaluation installs.