[Setup] Plone 4.3 installation error on Ubuntu server, permission denied

sepeters steven.peters at itaas.com
Thu Jun 6 20:15:55 UTC 2013

I have been trying to install Plone 4.3 on Ubuntu Server - (fully upgraded
and updated) and I'm getting a permission denied error in the log:

Detailed installation log
Starting at Thu Jun  6 15:19:31 EDT 2013
/usr/local/Plone/Python-2.7/bin/python: can't open file
'/root/Plone-4.3-UnifiedInstaller/helper_scripts/create_instance.py': [Errno
13] Permission denied

I've opened up permissions that I suspected could have caused a problem but
nothing seems to work and there isn't enough detail to be sure where the
permission problem really exists.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve