[Setup] plone 4, workgroups management beyond GRUF

Christian Ledermann christian.ledermann at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 14:20:37 UTC 2013

have a look at
https://github.com/collective/collective.spaces

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM, ricciovolante
<ricciovolante at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm requested to update a plone 2.5.5 product. I used GRUF (GroupUserFolder)
> to deal with workgroups. I know that GRUF is not compatible with Plone 4,
> and I read somewhere that GRUF and external workgroup management plug-ins
> are no longer needed due to the Plone 4 ability to manage workgroups and
> group spaces by itself.
>
> 1) Is that correct? I did not find any viable docs about it and I maybe
> misunderstood so any help will be ok.
> 2) If Plone 4 is good to deal with workgroups natively, can somebody put me
> on the right path? I just started to look inside version 4..and haven't a
> clue on how to.
>
> Thanks!
> S.
>
> note: I need to implement 3 workgroups, each of them with N users with
> different roles. each workgroup owns its folder and relevant contents and
> each workspace is not visible/accessible to others... workgroups, in
> substance

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Nairobi - Kenya
Mobile : +254 702978914

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>