[Setup] plone 4, workgroups management beyond GRUF

ricciovolante ricciovolante at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:44:07 UTC 2013

Hi everybody!

I'm requested to update a plone 2.5.5 product. I used GRUF (GroupUserFolder)
to deal with workgroups. I know that GRUF is not compatible with Plone 4,
and I read somewhere that GRUF and external workgroup management plug-ins
are no longer needed due to the Plone 4 ability to manage workgroups and
group spaces by itself.

1) Is that correct? I did not find any viable docs about it and I maybe
misunderstood so any help will be ok.
2) If Plone 4 is good to deal with workgroups natively, can somebody put me
on the right path? I just started to look inside version 4..and haven't a
clue on how to.

Thanks!
S.

note: I need to implement 3 workgroups, each of them with N users with
different roles. each workgroup owns its folder and relevant contents and
each workspace is not visible/accessible to others... workgroups, in
substance