[Setup] Plone 4.2.4 would not start on Mac OSX10.8.2

hussein hussein at unbc.ca
Sun Feb 10 23:20:58 UTC 2013

Thank you for you useful message.

I did not change anything after installation and used the password that was
given in password.txt.

I am not sure if the Plone site started properly or not. I did not see any
error messages during installation.

However "bin/instance fg" gave me the following message:

ZConfig.ConfigurationError: There was a problem starting a server of type
"HTTPServer". This may mean that your user does not have permission to bind
to the port which the server is trying to use or the port may already be in
use by another application. (Address already in use)

I changed the port to 8282 and 8585 but that did not help, so I am back to
8080.

One more thing, the pid number that was given upon starting Plone was not
listed with "ps -A".

Thanks again for your help.