[Setup] Re-post as: "Why Plone 4.2.3 page-loads slow if server not working hard?

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko+plone at redinnovation.com
Thu Feb 7 23:12:31 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Larry Pitcher <unclelarry at inlandnet.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Also check out this: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.recipe.varnish

I recommend using system-provided Varnish as it is 10x times easier
than dealing with buildout recipes. Buildout itself is such so fragile
tool and source of failures that you don't want add that extra
complexity to your  maintenance burden unless you require some bad ass
micro management level control.

> It has some docs too.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Larry
>

> On 2/7/2013 13:55 PM, David Groos wrote:
>>
>> I could have sworn this post wasn't here when I wrote my post a minute
>> ago...
>> Thanks Mikko!
>>
>> David
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Mikko Ohtamaa
>> <mikko+plone at redinnovation.com <mailto:mikko+plone at redinnovation.com>>
>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi,
>>
>>     Last night I updated Varnish guide for Varnish 3.x
>>     http://developer.plone.org/hosting/varnish.html
>>
>>     On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Matthew Wilkes
>>     <matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk <mailto:matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk>>
>>
>>     wrote:
>>      >
>>      >
>>      > dgroos wrote:
>>      >>
>>      >> Any recommendations for areas to investigate?  Things I could
>>     try?  Logs
>>      >> check? I really want to use Plone with my students often, and I
>>     know I
>>      >> can't
>>      >> unless this nut can be cracked.
>>      >
>>      >
>>      > I'd add to what's already been said and say that you really,
>>     really should
>>      > be using a Varnish cache and plone.app.caching. If you've got
>> thirty
>>      > concurrent users then you're spending a lot of effort serving
>>     images, CSS
>>      > and other static resources to your clients.
>>      >
>>      > Matt
>>      >
>>      >