[Setup] HAProxy configuration with 1-thread instances

Héctor Velarde hector.velarde at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 04:10:10 UTC 2013

On 02/02/13 15:59, Juan A. Diaz wrote:
> Check the "maxconn" value for the servers in the backend definition.
> In the pass we have some similar troubles with a small value in a
> 2-thread instances schema.

yes, now I remember that one... and now I also remember that this value
is about concurrent connections and that could mean that I can have many
connections open regardless of my server responding only to one at a
given time.

does anybody knows for how long a connection is kept alive on Zope?

also, a typical Plone 4.0 instance was able to serve around 20 requests
per second, without Chameleon, and 35 rps with it [1].

what will be a good value for maxconn, then?

on what HAProxy stats I must keep an eye?

[1] http://blog.hannosch.eu/2010/01/plone-4-how-much-faster-is-it.html