[Setup] Re-post as: "Why Plone 4.2.3 page-loads slow if server not working hard?

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Wed Feb 6 04:31:44 UTC 2013

First, make absolutely sure you are not running in debug or foreground
mode. The performance hit is astonishing.

Then, take a read through
http://developer.plone.org/reference_manuals/active/deployment/ to get an
orientation on memory use, load balancing and caching. Unless you've tuned
some memory settings, set up caching and configured load balancing, you're
only going to use a fraction of the capacity of that server.

Once you've got the concepts down, read
http://developer.plone.org/performance for details.