[Setup] Installation guide update - non-root recommendation

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Tue Feb 5 18:35:45 UTC 2013

Hi Mikko,

For development/evaluation: non-root, standalone

For production: root, zeo

On the production install, a moderately skilled sysadmin can probably do as
good a job with a non-root install by setting up a non-privileged user for
the install (which is what the installer does when run in root mode).

The 4.3 installer in root mode does an even better job. It uses different
users for buildout and the daemons, so that the daemons can only write to
var.

Steve

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 6:34 AM, Mikko Ohtamaa <mikko+plone at redinnovation.com