[Setup] HAProxy configuration with 1-thread instances

Héctor Velarde hector.velarde at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 17:19:06 UTC 2013

we have been experimenting with 1-thread instances on one of our
production deployments with really good results on increased performance
and lower resource consumption.

we want to install HAProxy as the load-balancer (currently we are using
this feature directly from Varnish) in order to be able to get better
monitoring, but we have been having issues with it as HAProxy assumes
that all instances are busy at some point and starts responding with 504
errors.

does anybody here has some experience with this kind of configuration?

best regards
--
Héctor Velarde