[Setup] Is Plone for Windows 2008 R2 or for Linux only?

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Fri Aug 16 20:57:37 UTC 2013

Not at all. Lots of folks using Windows for deployment, particularly in the
US.

 You will find that our community isn't great about answering questions
about Windows deployment. So be ready for occasional "get a real OS"
stupidity from free OS advocates.

Big thing to know: as you move to production, you'll want/need to set up a
reverse proxy. That's very difficult with IIS. You'll have two good options:

1) If you must use IIS, get Enfold Proxy
http://www.enfoldsystems.com/software/proxy

2) If you can avoid IIS, use Apache.