[Setup] ZODB Replicated Storage experiences?

Héctor Velarde hector.velarde at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 14:31:49 UTC 2013

On 15-08-2013 05:29, Patrick Gerken wrote:
> a customer of ours has been using ZRS before it was open sourced. Two or

HV> can you share the configuration?

> I am btw. interested in your Relstorage Setup. Are you using the
> released version or the source checkout with the new features. What is
> the issue with packing? Does it take long and degrades answer times?

HV> we are using the released version and yes, it's old; I was not aware
of the movement on the master branch until now.

I'm not the guy in change of this, so what I can tell you is only based
on what I've heard over these months: replication is not working fine
with PostgreSQL and packaging of the relational database can be a huge
issue with MySQL.

also, the use of blob storage outside the relational database
complicates the replication process.

the idea of creating image scales on the fly probably solved one problem
(disk space) but created a new one (POSKeyError: 'No blob file') on
these deployments.

best regards