[Setup] ZODB Replicated Storage experiences?

Patrick Gerken do3ccqrv at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 15 08:29:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

a customer of ours has been using ZRS before it was open sourced. Two or
three weeks ago we found an issue that forced us to stop using zrs. We are
still waiting for feedback though. Maybe we are just doing something wrong.
Also, we are using an old version, so we do not have blob experience.

We did not notice any performance changes after we switched off
replication. So it seems to be without performance penalties. Both servers
are very close to each other though.

The way WE set up replication, there would be still a long delay between
failovers. I guess with the newer versions and zookeeper support you might
be able to keep you zeo clients running when switching from master to
secondary. I believe you still have to restart your secondary zeo server to
use a different configuration to act as a master. Else there is no writing
possible.

I am btw. interested in your Relstorage Setup. Are you using the released
version or the source checkout with the new features. What is the issue
with packing? Does it take long and degrades answer times?

Thanks an best regards,

        Patrick