[Setup] Fwd: Error adding File Object

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko+plone at redinnovation.com
Mon Apr 8 20:16:07 UTC 2013

Hi Hernä,

Sounds like your site has non-compatible or broken customization which
mixes Python string and file objects. Without furthet details, it is hard
to trace down.

I suggest

- Create a clean Plone site and see if you can create the error there

- Then install your addons one by one and see which one of them triggers
the error

Cheers,
Mikko

On 8 April 2013 22:04, Hernã Saldanha <hgsaldanha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry. The error occurs while adding or updating.
>
> Version
>
>    - Plone 4.1.5 (4114)
>

>    - CMF 2.2.6
>

>    - Zope 2.13.13
>

>    - Python 2.6.8 (unknown, Jun 29 2012, 16:19:52) [GCC 4.1.2 20070115
>    (SUSE Linux)]
>

>    - PIL unknown
>

> Traceback
> Time2013/04/08 15:07:22.883927 GMT-3User Name (User Id)hernags (hernags) Request
> URLhttp://www.xxx.br/atct_edit Exception TypeAttributeError Exception
> Value'str' object has no attribute 'seek'
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>
>    - Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 126, in publish
>    - Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 77, in mapply
>    - Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 46, in call_object
>    - Module Products.CMFFormController.FSControllerPageTemplate, line 91,
>    in __call__
>    - Module Products.CMFFormController.BaseControllerPageTemplate, line
>    26, in _call
>    - Module Products.CMFFormController.FormController, line 384, in
>    validate
>    - Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 77, in mapply
>    - Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 46, in call_object
>    - Module Products.CMFFormController.FSControllerValidator, line 58, in
>    __call__
>    - Module Products.CMFFormController.Script, line 145, in __call__
>    - Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 127, in __call__
>    - Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 322, in __call__
>    - Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 359, in _bindAndExec
>    - Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 344, in _exec
>    - Module script, line 24, in validate_atct
>    *<FSControllerValidator at /internet2013/validate_atct used for
>    /internet2013/paraocidadao/plantao/mpf-na-capital/criminal/plantao-nucleo-criminal>
>    *
>    *Line 24*
>    - Module Products.Archetypes.BaseObject, line 508, in validate
>    - Module Products.ATContentTypes.content.base, line 385, in
>    post_validate
>
> AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'seek'
>
> Hernã G. Saldanha
>
> “Mostre-me um absurdo: na Bahia há precedentes."
> - Dr .Otávio Mangabeira
>

> 2013/4/8 ajung <lists at zopyx.com>
>
>> Full traceback? Exact version information?
>>
>> -aj
>>

>> herna wrote
>> > Friends, I'm receiving this error while trying to add a file in Plone 4:
>> >
>> > AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'seek'
>> >
>> > Suggestions?
>> >
>> > Hernã G. Saldanha

>> --

Mikko Ohtamaa