[Setup] SQLAlchemy (how to install)

barnsey123 nbarnes at csavagencies-uk.com
Thu Sep 27 08:54:02 UTC 2012

Dan Jacka wrote
> You've gotten those packages, but they won't do much on their own. (If
> you were wanting to knock down a building, you've gotten a crane and a
> wrecking ball, but no chain, driver, etc.). You need your own package
> that brings everything together

Hi Dan,

yeah, I was beginning to suspect this (as no new "buttons to press" appeared
anywhere - either in ZMI or site setup). I think I'm going to start back at
the beginning. I was trying to take shortcuts in order to learn plone in a
reasonable timescale but this morning I just don't think it's possible - for
me anyway - it seems that in Plone you have to know /everything/ to be able
to do /anything/. It's very frustrating. Does it really have to be so hard?