[Setup] SQLAlchemy (how to install)

barnsey123 nbarnes at csavagencies-uk.com
Wed Sep 26 11:14:09 UTC 2012

Dan/AJ,

I have this book and I've read the section on installing this package but at
my level of Plone knowledge it didn't make any sense.  Obviously there has
to be some assumed knowledge in a book like that but it's knowledge that I
don't yet have...

So...going down the buildout.cfg route suggested by AJ I've added this to
the eggs section (in bold):
# Eggs
# ----
# Add an indented line to the eggs section for any Python
# eggs or packages you wish to include.
#
eggs =
    Plone
    Pillow
    *z3c.saconfig
    MySQL-python*

Then did a bin/buildout which did indeed go and fetch the required stuff

[versions]
MySQL-python = 1.2.3
SQLAlchemy = 0.7.8
z3c.saconfig = 0.13
zope.sqlalchemy = 0.7.1

I now need to take some pills and lie down in a dark room...my head hurts.

Thanks guys for all the help, it is REALLY appreciated (even if I don't
understand it!)