[Setup] running Products.Poi-2.1.0 on Plone-4.2.1-UnifiedInstaller

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Sep 26 09:56:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

Apparently I had sent my answer only to Van Ly instead of to the list.
Below is my answer, including his reply to me.

On 25/09/2012, at 10:54 PM, Maurits van Rees
<m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl> wrote:
> Op 23-09-12 14:13, Van Ly schreef:
>>

>>> What must I do to run Products.Poi before/after calling, ~/Plone/zinstance/bin/plonectl start
>>>

>> More details, I discovered the sequence to activate the Poi add-on but it fails and errors out with a call trace when I try to create a tracker.
>>
>> Simply trying to create a folder or page also errors out.
>>
>> So, I suspect there is a problem with Plone-4.2.1-UnifiedInstaller.
>>
>> I've posted the bug error details at:
>>
>> http://plone.org/products/poi/issues/256
>
> Hi,
>
> As Poi maintainer I wonder why I did not get an automatic email from plone.org after you submitted that issue.  I hope that is not a bug in Poi itself.
>
> Anyway, since this already goes wrong for normal pages, Poi is not the problem here.  Googling for the error that you got, I see this thread:
>
> http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/migration-to-4-1-2-problem-maybe-due-to-plonetheme-classic-1-1-1-td7111326.html
>
> Looks like this can happen for old Plone sites that are migrated to a new Plone version.  I guess you do not have this problem when you create a new Plone site.  Is that correct?

Thanks Maurits.

The installation I have is a new Plone site.

> Apparently the solution is to go the the Zope Management Interface, go to portal_setup. then the Import tab, then select as Profile or Snapshot: CMFEditions and click 'Import all steps'.  According to that thread this should work.
>
> I hope this helps,

I've updated the bug report, the problem is solved by following the
steps you outlined.

Again, thanks.

Van Ly.

--