[Setup] PloneLDAP made my Plone 4.2 'connection reset'

piotrlg piotrlg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 14:23:26 UTC 2012

Hi

I have Plone 4.2. Worked fine until I decided to install PloneLDAP (to be
more specific plone.app.ldap but PloneLDAP was  required).

I have installed Plone on Ubuntu 11.04 using unified installer. So I have
two pythons on my system: system wide and local for plone. I have installed
python-ldap on local plone python interpreter with pip command

pip -E /usr/local/Plone/Python-2.7/bin/python2.7 install python-ldap

Than according to docs (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.app.ldap) I had to
install PloneLDAP prior to installing plone.app.ldap.

So I did it the same way as above:

pip -E /usr/local/Plone/Python-2.7/bin/python2.7 install Products.PloneLDAP

and it was a bit strange. It took a long time to finish and from what I have
seen on the screen it rebuild almost all zope products. Why? anyway after
this I stopped plone instance, and started it again and from this time I
simply cannot display the plone site (nor the ZMMI page). This address
http://localhost:8080 resets connection.

I feel that I did something wrong with pip (incompatible with PloneLDAP or
what?).

Here <http://pastebin.com/vBud5efe>   is a link to last line of those
rebuilding messages.

What happened to my zope/plone site?