[Setup] Migrating from ATPhoto to Image

Florian Sesser flomaillist at cosetrain.com
Tue Sep 18 22:37:24 UTC 2012

Thank you Gauthier for your help!

However, I'm not able to understand your transmogrifier very well. The
Plone code is so full of indirection, it's melting my brain.

What I've done now:

Using hints from [1]

   * I first found out that I'm likely not able to convert between types
without having both all corresponding Products installed (that is, I can
do the migration only in the old version of the site, using a special
"upgrade" instance I created for the purpose). Is that correct? It may
be obvious, but then again I'm pretty much a Plone newbie (mostly did
theming so far and light customizations)

   * Then, to my amazement, I found that almost all of our images are
indeed Images, not ATPhotos:
     >>> len(app.gemeinde_1.portal_catalog(portal_type="ATPhoto"))
     12

   * Twelve. I'm going to do these by hand, as I suppose that's faster
then getting Products.contentmigration up and running in ancient Plone
2.1.

Thanks again and sorry for the fuss!

Florian

[1]