[Setup] Removing add-ons

barnsey123 nbarnes at csavagencies-uk.com
Mon Sep 10 15:01:02 UTC 2012

Hi Guys, I'm new to plone/python and I have installed openid by mistake and
do not know how to remove it. Googling reveals
https://dev.plone.org/ticket/8429 Plone ticket 8429  which doesn't really
help me either.  The link talks about the "portlet" being left behind after
uninstalling openid but how do you uninstall it in the first instance? There
are four attachments on the link, what do I do with them?

Not sure how to de-install plone either (just so I can start again - it's
only a test box) - tried re-installing in the hope it might say "plone is
already installed, do you want to remove it?" but all it did was this:

/./install.sh zeo
ZEO Cluster Install selected

Detailed installation log being written to
/home/XXXXX/Plone-4.2-UnifiedInstaller/install.log

Root install method chosen. Will install for use by system user plone

Installing Plone 4.2 at /usr/local/Plone

User 'plone' already exists. No need to create it.
Python found at /usr/local/Plone/Python-2.7/bin/python; Skipping Python
install.
Found existing buildout cache at /usr/local/Plone/buildout-cache; skipping
step.
*Generating random password ...*
Instance target /usr/local/Plone/zeocluster already exists; aborting
install./
This seems to have generated a new admin password but hasn't told me what it
is...

I've looked at the zope control panel but that doesn't show me anything
useful (in this context) but I can see I have an "egg" file in
*/usr/local/Plone/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.openid-2.0-py2.7.egg* Can I just
remove that and restart plone/zope?

I suspect that it's not that simple...

 OpenId seems to have locked me out of my own system so I can't login as
admin to uninstall it (even if I knew how...)

I've got a copy of "Professional Plone 4 Development" 2nd edition and that
talks about installing add-ons (not removing them).

I'm sort of stuck. Any help gratefully received.
Barnsey

*Debian Squeeze,
Python 2.7.3 (installed by plone)
Plone 4.2