[Setup] correctrelative paths for [sources] fs

RKBelew rik at cogsci.ucsd.edu
Sun Sep 2 20:16:06 UTC 2012

On 08/26/2012 05:49 PM, RKBelew wrote:

 > hi all, can someone please confirm:  if you build a new package called
 > PKG and its policy is contained in a src/PKG.policy subdirectory,
 > shouldn't buildout.cfg be a sibling of a "src" directory containing
 > these files, if the  buildout.cfg contains [sources] lines like
 > "PKG.policy = fs PKG.policy" ?    cuz i'm getting "can't
 > find distribution" errors and i don't know why?

answering my own question, in case anyone else bumps into it:

yes, this is the correct relative path for the "src" directory.
the problem turned out to be i was missing lines like:

> develop =
> 	src/PKG.policy
> 	src/PKG.groupgraph
> 	src/PKG.theme

in buildout.cfg.

thanks for the informative answer by Martin Pieters:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5703456/how-can-i-install-my-project-from-source-with-buildout