[Setup] PloneFormGen file validate script does not work

Eggert Ehmke eggert.ehmke at berlin.de
Wed Nov 21 23:18:47 UTC 2012

I have a PloneFormGen form with a file upload field. Assigned to the upload
field I have a validator:
python:folder.validator(value)
In the ZMI I added a Python script to the PFG folder with name validator. In
this script I try to determine the file content. The script works when I
create simple test results. But when I add this import:
from zope.contenttype import guess_content_type
and call this function, running the script generates the error:

Insufficient Privileges
You do not have sufficient privileges to view this page. If you believe you
are receiving this message in error, contact the site administration.

I even have the Proxy role Manager assigned to the script, does not make a
difference.

This is with Plone 4.2.2, PFG 1.7.4, Products.Archetypes = 1.8.3
Eggert