[Setup] TinyMCE or JS configuration error

Luca Gentili luka.gentili at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 08:27:46 UTC 2012

2012/11/8 Mikko Ohtamaa <mikko+plone at redinnovation.com>

> lucagent wrote
> > I have two sites Plone (the default *naked* site), and
> > <my-site>
> > . The
> > latter has been imported via a zexp file exported on a ubuntu
> installation
> > of Plone 4.2.
> >
> > The tinyMCE Editors works on Plone site, but on
> > <my-site>
> >  it does not show
> > the toolbar. Accessing
> > <my-site>
> >  via IE i got a js error. Trying to go
> > deeper I checked my portal_javascripts and I have seen that there is a
> > "resource not found or not accessible" error for the jquery.js entry.
>
> This sounds like portal_migration is not run for the imported site.

portal_migration (<mt-site>/@@plone-upgrade) tells me that the site is up
to date, as expected because I only migrated from a Ubuntu SO to a Windows
2008 one, but the *Plone version is 4.2.0.1 on both systems*.

> Can you compare clean portal_javascripts against your site
> portal_javascripts and manually fix the errors if needed (in the case
> migration has been run, but it is still not working)?

As I told, I tried to manually fix the problem but I can't get any result
In my file system I have *three files* named *jquery.js *

   1. 71Kb file under:
   *C:\Plone42\eggs\archetypes.querywidget-1.0.3-py2.6.egg\archetypes\querywidget\tests\javascripts

   *
   2. 212 Kb file under:
   *
   C:\Plone42\eggs\collective.js.datatables-2.0-py2.6.egg\collective\js\datatables\resources\extras\Scroller\media\docs\media\js
   *
   3. 71Kb file under:
   *
   C:\Plone42\eggs\plone.app.discussion-2.1.6-py2.6.egg\plone\app\discussion\tests\javascripts
   *

In my portal_javascripts I have *only two entries* for *jquery.js* files.

   - The first is for ++resource++plone.app.jquery.js
   - the second (the one marked by "resource not found or not accessible")
   for jquery.js

Registry syntax  (++resource++ etc.) is something definitely obscure to me.
Thus, not only I don't know which of the three files is the one referenced
in the first (correct) registry entry, but I also can't figure out how to
instruct the registry to look for the second file in the correct path (of
course I don't even know which would be the correct path).

If it may help, I add that on my source instance (the site I exported on
the Ubuntu system)  I have *the same error in the registry but everything
works fine* (I can't check now if it yelds any js error on IE because that
server is no longer accessible on the net). In my target instance (windows)
*javascripts don't work in my imported site, but still do on new sites and
on my site imported one section at a time* ... though it requires a lot of
work to be sure everything is exactly the same (we are losing most of the
user and group permissions on sections and subsections of the site).

If this is not the right list for such question, please tell me where I can
more probably get a useful answer.

Thank you all.

Luca

> -----
>
> Follow me in Twitter
>

> Read my blog

Luca

about.me <http://about.me/lucagent>
www.xymble.com <http://www.xymble.com/%21/lucagent>

*** Per favore, se vi invio allegati in formato Word o PowerPoint prendete
nota del fatto che potete aprirli anche con qualsiasi suite open source*