[Setup] Installing CMFEditions

Ken Wasetis - Contextual Corp. ken.wasetis at contextualcorp.com
Thu Jul 12 17:11:06 UTC 2012

Specifically, go to Site Setup (control panel) and then to the 'Types'
configuration area.  Select a content type (such as 'Page') and then
specify whether or not for that type Versioning should be enabled
(automatically or manually) from the Versioning policy drop-down.  Click
Apply Changes and you're all set.  Repeat for each type you want to
version.

Warning:  We don't typically enable versioning on Files and Images,
suspecting that may cause database bloat, but I would assume it does
'just work', but just might not be advised (to keep many many versions
of large file attachments, that is.)  Using versioning on the Page,
Event, News Item and your custom page-like types works just great, though.

Cheers,
Ken