[Setup] Plone with varnish 3.0 first page login behaviour

boernie bernhard.glatt at tis.bz.it
Wed Jan 11 09:50:27 UTC 2012

Hi,
I've upgraded my web setup to use nginx 1.0.10, varnish 3.0.2 and plone 4
through buildout.
Basically the setup works, the only problem I have, is that after the login
in plone, the first site viewed seems to be rendered from the cache without
login information. Means I don't see the green edit bar (logged in as
admin), and the login button is still on login, not logout. Clicking another
page or changing the url by adding a "/" everything appears, but going back
to the first page I have again the anonymous view.

Someone has an idea how this can happen? Or someone has a working
varnish.vcl template with 3.0 syntax?

I use the following config:
NGINX, proxy pass to varnish
proxy_pass
http://cache/VirtualHostBase/http/www.domain1.com:80/plonepath/VirtualHostRoot/;

VARNISH,  here is my vcl:
https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/gVgcbj https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/gVgcbj

I use also Plone's HTTP cache support product, but with or without there's
no change. Even with Plone3 it's the same, so I really think the problem is
due to varnish.

Thanks for any hints,
cheers,
Bernhard