[Setup] Doubt about plone - caching (varnish)

Armando Andrade aada4u at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:08:17 UTC 2012

Regards.

We have deployed three servers with the configuration showed in diagram,
basically, we have an arrange of nginx -> varnish -> haproxy -> (4
instances of plone) (varnish cache 1 and 2)  in two servers, and an arrange
of nginx -> haproxy -> (4 instances of plone) for edition purposes in
another. Now two questions here:

a) When I edit one news item, how can plone tell to varnish cache 1 and 2
in the other group of instances servers that, there was a change and they
have to invalidate that object, if the change was made in the edition
server?.

b) if I change a newsitem that affects my portal page, plone sends the
invalidation for the newsitem, and  it sends the invalidation for the
portal page affected as well?