[Setup] Plone upgrade from 4.1.3 to 4.2: Folder with old style collection cannot appear in navigation, and bug in New Style Collection search results limit

cmgui2 cmgui2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 07:42:14 UTC 2012

Hi All

We upgraded from Plone 4.1.3 to 4.2 recently.    We have a folder called
News containing our News items.   In the folder, we have a collection also
called News (old style collection).   We have a News tab in the navigation
bar for the News folder.   After upgrading, we went to ZMI -> portal_types
-> Topic (Collection) and hit the Save button without changing anything in
the page.   After this, the News tab in the top navigation bar disappeared,
and we are unable to make it appear in navigation again (even though we
didn't select Exclude from navigation).

Suspecting that this could be due to the old-style collection, we deleted
the News collection (old style) but the News folder still did not appear in
navigation.  We then created a new style collection in the News folder, and
was able to make the News collection appear in navigation.   So this seems
to work for us.   But there is a problem.  In the old style collection, when
we go to Edit the collection and limit the search results to say 5, then
only 5 items will be displayed in the view.    Now in the new style
collection, this is not working anymore.    It is always displaying 30 items
per page in its view no matter what limit we set.    Is this a bug in
plone.app.collection 1.0.4?

Also, we would like to be able to make our News folder appear in the
navigation again.   How can we make this happen again?

Thank you very much in anticipation.
cmgui