[Setup] best practices for creating mounting points on Plone 4.2

Héctor Velarde hector.velarde at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 13:54:41 UTC 2012

hi there!

we need to create many mounting points inside a Plone 4.2 instance to
make backups and clean up the database more easily; our customer will
create many content and we want to separate it on a monthly basis.

we know there's an old product called MountFolder made for Plone 2.0.5,
but I don't think it's a good idea to try to used it with our brand new
version:

http://plone.org/products/mountfolder/

the product depends on Archetypes >= 1.3.2 and the README file says the
following:

"This product provides an AT-based Folder that can be used as the root
container for a mounted database.

"This was needed as a separate folder class, since the standard ATFolder
does not (at the time of writing) support the mount operation due to its
dependency on the reference system (among other things). We were facing
a traversal/acquisition bug triggered by the call to the
'reference_catalog' object from ATFolder's (or BaseFolder's)
'manage_afterAdd' method."

http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/MountFolder/trunk/README.txt

what are you currently doing to solve problems like this one?

best regards
--
Héctor Velarde